Vivid Light Fesitval
The Vivid Light Festival is a new Sydney tradition. It’s become one of the city’s favourite events and it’s a fabulous sight on Sydney Harbour, too. Vivid Sydney, as it is known, is a fascinating artistic and cultural experience. It has found a welcome home in Sydney night life, adding to the city’s exuberant lifestyle and attracting millions of visitors every year.
Every Light Festival is different. Each year, new features and spectacular new lighting for Sydney city and Sydney Harbour are shown. Some of the recent Vivid Sydney shows have lit up the Sydney Opera House with Aboriginal art and turned famous George Street in to a fantastic streetscape of colours and images. There’s a lot to see during this event, particularly from the water. We can take you for a trip around the Vivid Sydney sites in your own private water taxi for a great night on Sydney Harbour. Wine and dine, shop till you drop, and see a fabulous show on the world’s greatest harbour.
Travel tips for the Vivid Light Festival
When you’re coming to see the Vivid Sydney:
- 01Book everything in advance. The city is full of people for Vivid Sydney, and demand for restaurant bookings, accommodation and other bookings is high.
- 02Beware of the traffic. The city does its best to manage the high volume of visitors, but realistically, road travel can be time consuming and tedious.
- 03Public transport is also crowded. If you’re travelling with young kids, you may want to consider other options, particularly during peak hour or on the return trip.
Planning to see Vivid Sydney in style with Majestic Water Taxis
The easy way to see the Vivid Light Festival from the water is to fit your tour in with your entertainment and other fun. Take a trip around the Harbour foreshore with us in your water taxi and then come ashore at any of the sites around the city and on the water. Stroll through the city and then return to your private water taxi to see another site, or travel to your next destination.
Booking with Majestic Water Taxis
- 01Tell us your travel times, destinations, and number of people travelling, and you’re ready to go.
- 02If you’re travelling in a group, we can take up to 23 passengers per water taxi. Let us know if you need more passenger berths.
- 03Tourists can always ask us about venues and Sydney Harbour destinations. We can help you find your way around the city!
Contact Us for Details
If you need any kind of assistance managing your travel, get in touch with our team, call us on 0439 625 377 or email us on .Our friendly local experts can help you with managing your travel, water taxi bookings, special needs for water taxi travel, local knowledge and more. We’re always happy to assist.